What to ask your doctor about treating invasive bladder cancer
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What stage is my bladder cancer and what does this mean?
- What grade is my bladder cancer and what does this mean?
- What is the likely outcome (prognosis) of my cancer?
- How do stage and grade affect the type of treatment I need?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Can I have treatment as an outpatient or will I need to be in hospital?
- How often will I have to go to hospital?
- Is it possible to get help with paying my fares?
- What are the short and long term side effects of the treatment?
- Is there anything I can do to help with the side effects?
- Are there any experimental treatments or clinical trials I could join?
- How often will I have follow up appointments and for how long?
- Is there a number I can ring between appointments if I'm worried?
- What happens if my cancer comes back?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 18 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team