What to ask your doctor about bile duct cancer tests
Some questions you might like to ask your doctor about tests for cancer of the bile duct (cholangiocarcinoma).
- What tests will I have?
- What are you looking for?
- Will the tests show whether I have cancer?
- How reliable are the tests?
- Will the results tell you what type of treatment I need?
- Are any of the tests painful?
- Is there anything I need to do to prepare for any of the tests?
- Do any of the tests have after effects?
- Can I have these tests as an outpatient?
- Can I bring someone with me when I have the tests?
- How long will the results take?
- Who will give me the test results
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team