What to ask your doctor about surgery for bile duct cancer
Here are some questions you might want to ask your doctor about bile duct cancer surgery
- Why do I need an operation?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- Will the operation cure my cancer?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- What are the long term effects of this operation?
- Are you a specialist in this type of surgery?
- If you are not a specialist in this type of surgery can you refer me to one?
- How often do you operate on this type of tumour?
- Will I have pain after this operation?
- How will I breathe after my operation?
- How long will I have a drip after surgery?
- When will I be able to start eating again?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally after this operation?
- Who will help me with my diet after the operation?
- What are the possible complications of this type of operation?
- Will I need any other treatment as well as surgery?
- Is there any treatment I can have instead of surgery?
- What will happen if I don’t have the operation?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself get over the operation?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- Should I have any treatment before surgery?
- Should I have any other treatment after surgery?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team