What to ask your doctor about ALL treatment side effects
Here are some questions you might want to ask your doctor if you are having treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL).
- What short term side effects can I expect from my ALL treatment?
- What long term side effects can I expect from my ALL treatment?
- Are there treatment side effects that are permanent?
- Is there anything I can do to lower my risk of side effects?
- Are there any activities that I should avoid after treatment for ALL – for example, crowded public places, contact sports?
- How long should I avoid these activities for?
- What infection precautions should I take and for how long?
- Is there anything I can do to relieve tiredness after treatment for ALL?
- What are my chances of being infertile?
- Is there anything I can do to preserve my fertility before I start leukaemia treatment?
- What are the most important signs of side effects to look out for and tell you about?
- Should I contact you between check ups if I’m worried about side effects?
- What number should I ring if I have an infection?
- Who should I ask for when I ring?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team