What to ask your doctor about persistent disease and choriocarcinoma treatment
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What stage of gestational trophoblastic tumour (GTT) do I have?
- Which treatment will I have?
- Is there a choice of treatments?
- How long will the treatment go on for?
- Do I have to stay in hospital?
- How long will each treatment cycle last?
- Can I go home in between treatments?
- Is transport available to and from hospital?
- Can I get help with the cost of fares to the hospital?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- What can I do to reduce them?
- Is there a choice of anti sickness medicine if I feel sick?
- Will I still be able to have children after the treatment?
- What contraception should I use?
- Are there any long term effects from this treatment?
- How often will you see me when treatment has finished?
- How will you know if the cancer has come back?
- When can I get pregnant again?
- Could the tumour come back after another pregnancy?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team