What to ask your doctor about ulcerating tumours | Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter

What to ask your doctor about ulcerating tumours

Landing page coping image

You may want to consider asking your doctor

  • What is an ulcerating tumour?
  • How big will it grow?
  • Can it be cured?
  • What can be done to help me?
  • Is there any way of controlling the smell from the wound?
  • What will happen if the wound starts to bleed?
  • Will the wound get any worse?
  • Is there anyone I can talk to about how I am feeling?
  • Can I have counselling?
  • Can radiotherapy or chemotherapy help?
  • What pain relief can I have?
  • What are the side effects of these painkillers?
  • How often will my dressing need changing?
  • Will a nurse come to my home to do these dressings?
  • Can I have any treatment I need as an outpatient or will I have to be in hospital?
  • How can I cope with an ulcerating tumour on my head or neck?
Rate this page:
Submit rating


Rated 3 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Please enter feedback to continue submitting
Send feedback
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team

No Error

Updated: 5 February 2015