Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter

What to ask your doctor about sex hormone symptoms and cancer

Here are some suggestions for questions to ask your doctor or specialist nurse about sex hormone symptoms and cancer

  • Is my treatment likely to cause hormonal symptoms?
  • What hormonal symptoms will I get?
  • Is there anything I can do to reduce the risk?
  • How long will I have side effects from hormone therapy?
  • Can I have any treatment for hot flushes and sweats (or any other symptoms you may be having)?
  • Will changing my diet help to prevent bone loss (osteoporosis)?
  • Can I see a dietician?
  • Will I have any other long term problems caused by the hormonal symptoms?
  • Who can I talk to about my hormone symptoms?
Rate this page:
Submit rating


Rated 4 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Please enter feedback to continue submitting
Send feedback
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team

No Error

Updated: 29 June 2015