What to ask your doctor about treating pain
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What can be done to relieve my pain?
- What types of painkillers are best for me?
- Do these drugs have any side effects?
- How can the side effects be controlled?
- Will I get addicted to morphine type drugs?
- Apart from drugs, are there any other treatments that can help my pain?
- How do I find a person who is trained in massage or reflexology?
- What can we do if the medicine doesn't work?
- How can I get help if the pain suddenly gets worse?
- Will the treatment stop me doing everyday things like working, driving etc?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team