What to ask your doctor about bone marrow and stem cell transplants
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you suggesting high dose treatment for me?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- Will I have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- Will I need to be in isolation and for how long?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- What are the long term side effects?
- Will this treatment cure my cancer?
- Is there anything I can do to prepare for the treatment?
- Will I be able to go back to work after the treatment?
- Will I still be able to have children after the treatment?
- Will the treatment cause an early menopause?
- If I have an early menopause, how will you treat that?
- Can I store my eggs before starting any treatment?
- Can you arrange sperm banking for me before I start my treatment?
- Is there a cancer nurse specialist I can talk to?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team