What to ask your doctor about head and neck radiotherapy side effects
Some questions you might ask your doctor or radiographer
- What side effects might I have with this radiotherapy treatment?
- What kind of diet will help?
- Can I see a dietitian before I start treatment?
- What if I don't feel like eating?
- Will the treatment have any effect on my teeth?
- How can I care for my teeth?
- Will my mouth be dry?
- What can I do to keep my mouth moist?
- Will my hair fall out and in which areas?
- Do you expect the hair to grow back after the treatment ends?
- Will my voice change?
- Are there any long term side effects of this treatment?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 24 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team