What to ask your doctor about brain radiotherapy side effects
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What side effects will the radiotherapy cause?
- Do you expect my symptoms to get worse for a time?
- What can you do to control the symptoms?
- Am I likely to feel tired and how will that affect my daily life?
- Am I likely to feel sick, and can you prevent this?
- Will I lose my hair and if so, will it grow back when the treatment ends?
- Do you advise wearing a wig?
- Can I get any financial or practical help in getting a wig?
- What other head coverings can I use?
- Do you sell wigs or head coverings anywhere in the hospital?
- Are there any long term effects of this treatment?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 21 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team