What to ask your doctor about internal radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What kind of internal radiotherapy will I have?
- What side effects can I expect?
- How well does the treatment work?
- How should I prepare for the treatment?
- Please describe exactly what happens, step by step
- Will I need to stay in hospital and, if so, for how long?
- Will the treatment make me radioactive?
- Will I be in a single room during my treatment?
- What are the risks to me?
- Will my friends and family be exposed to radiation from me?
- What safety precautions do I need to take?
- Are there any longer term effects of this treatment?
- Do you have written information about the procedure and safety precautions?
- Who can help me arrange the practical things such as travel costs and transport?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team