What to ask your doctor about radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you prescribing radiotherapy for me?
- What kind of radiotherapy treatment will I have?
- Will it be my only treatment or will I have other treatments too?
- Are you trying to cure me or reduce my symptoms?
- What is your plan for my treatment?
- How many sessions of treatment will I have?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Where will I have my treatment?
- Can I have the same treatment again in the future if I need to?
- What are the likely side effects of this treatment?
- Can I have a hospital parking permit or discounted parking rates for my appointments?
- Who can I talk to about help with expenses?
- Can you provide hospital transport for me?
- Is there somewhere I can stay during my treatment period if it is too far to travel?
- Where can I get more information about radiotherapy?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team