What to ask your doctor about planning chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What is your plan for my treatment?
- Why are you planning it this way?
- How many treatments do you think I might need altogether?
- Can I choose the day and time of my chemotherapy?
- Can I carry on working?
- Can you make sure I'll be able to go to... (my daughter's graduation, our son's wedding, the family holiday, etc)?
- How often will I have tests once my treatment starts?
- If I have to cancel my holiday, can you give me a letter for my travel insurance company?
- Can I get a hospital parking permit?
- Is there any hospital transport to get me to and from my appointments for treatment?
- Do I need to see a doctor before each chemotherapy dose?
- What tests will I have?
- Can I have my blood tests done at the GP surgery instead of having to come to the hospital?
- Can I have the blood tests done the day before my treatment either at the GP surgery or the hospital?
- How will I know if the treatment is working?
- Will scans show the cancer shrinking?
- How long do the results of tests usually take?
- How will you tell me the results?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 21 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team