What to ask your doctor about fertility and chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Will the chemotherapy make me infertile?
- Will it be permanent?
- Do I have any choice about the drugs I can have?
- How can I bank sperm before my treatment starts?
- Is it possible for me to store eggs or embryos before my treatment?
- Will the treatment affect my periods?
- What help is available if I have menopausal symptoms?
- If I do become infertile, are there any ways I could still have children?
- Can you tell me about ovarian tissue freezing?
- Is there someone I can talk to about how I feel about infertility?
- Can I delay treatment to start a family?
- Can you suggest some useful books to read or websites to visit?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team